Join AEA Consulting and the Global Cultural Districts Network, for the next session of the GCDN Conversations series: Do cultural districts foster the creative economy?
Commissioned by the PEC, a recently released report by AEA Consulting explores the relationships between cultural organisations and local creative industries in the context of cultural districts in the UK.
Using the findings and recommendations of this report as a starting point, this conversation brings together a panel of cultural and creative sector practitioners to explore key questions about cross-sector collaboration, innovation and mutual growth within cultural districts. How do individual geographies impact the relationships between the sectors? How can cultural districts facilitate the mutual development of cultural organisations and local creative industries? What might be the areas for organic co-creation and innovation? What are some barriers to greater collaboration?
Geoffrey Crossick, Distinguished Professor of the Humanities, School of Advanced Study, University of London, will explore these questions with:
- Malath Abbas, Director & Creative Producer, Biome Collective, Dundee
- Sian Bird, Head of Partnerships & Strategic Projects, Culture Mile, London
- Jo Lansdowne, Executive Producer, Persuasive Media Studio / Watershed, Bristol
- Sarie Mairs Slee, Head of Salford Culture and Place Partnership
- Jim Mawdsley, Principal Advisor Events and Culture, Newcastle City Council